Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Take this job and shove it

I used to love my job. I still love the kids and I still love books, but working for the public school system has turned me into a raving lunatic. It has become a nightly ritual for hubs to look across the dinner table at me and say "Just quit."

"I Ca~an't!" I wail, thinking of the steady paycheck and the priceless ability to be with the kids whenever they are out of school.

I give all I have to my job. I work from the minute I step in the building to the minute I walk out the door; always smiling. The kids flock to me, because they know I care about them and want to hear what they have to say. And, well, I'm one groovy g33ky goddess. Truly.

But the bureaucratic bullshit that happens inside the "ol' schoolhouse" is truly something I can't stomach. Why can't I be a better ass kisser? It's truly the only way to get ahead.

No comments: